Test Lab Specialist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Test Lab Specialist
- Must be able to interpret electrical schematics in any form and mechanical assembly drawings, debug PCBA’s down to component level using test equipment such as DMM, Oscilloscope, Power Supplies and software tools, and fabricate engineering test harnesses to support engineering development tests and troubleshooting.
- Support functional tests through all phases of environment stress screening such as thermal cycling, shock, vibration, thermal vacuum and burn-in tests. Provide training or support to production personnel on test racks and unit testing.
- Support building of automated test racks. Create and/or modify rack drawings, provide guidance to rack assemblers on construction. Perform test equipment checkout such as checking digital interface between test equipment and PC. Verify test equipment is accepting commands and sending data using NI MAX or Python software interface.
- Responsible for test Non-conformance troubleshooting for Avionics components undergoing full functional testing in Production.
- Work closely with responsible engineers, manufacturing engineers, and production test lab to ensure a testable product is being developed and influence design to increase product reliability and test coverage. Make recommendations for design, process improvements, and data collection.
- Expert with test equipment and measurement techniques to verify and validate product requirements.
- Understanding of electrical schematics and electronics manufacturing to analyze and improve test coverage.
- Proficient in automation software to interact with automated test equipment, unit under test, instrumentation, and production systems to implement test plan in a fast moving production environment.
- Validate test procedures, test plans and test reports against product requirements.
- Provide training and support to production technicians on product testing.
- Operating environmental systems such as thermal, TVAC chambers and shock systems.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Electronics and 5 years of experience in test procedure development.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Some mechanical design experience using SolidWorks or NX or AutoCAD.
- Programming knowledge of LabView, Python and C++ desired.
- Must be able to interpret electronic and harness schematics.
- Must be able to operate Oscilloscope’s, DMM’s, Power Supplies, Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Signal Generators and Arbitrary Function Generators.
- Must be able to operate test equipment manually with no computer control. Strong understanding of test equipment function and limitations.
- Must be able to operate thermal chamber.
- Must be able to troubleshoot PCBA’s to component level.
- Must know how to operate Windows based PC and Microsoft Office. Knowledge in integrating hardware in PC’s and support drivers.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office such as Excel and Word.
- Operating test equipment manually with no computer control.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.