SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Security – SpaceX Security protects life and property anywhere SpaceX assets are deployed. We employ highly trained professionals and cutting edge technology in order to provide the best possible protection for the employees and assets of SpaceX.
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Security Officer. The selected candidate will be a dedicated security professional with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced high tech environment.
- Control/restrict access to launch pad area
- Maintain badge exchange system providing ready identification of personnel out on pad area
- Log and badge visitors and construction personnel prior to pad access
- Conduct exit inspections as required
- Answer all incoming calls at the Security Control Center and assist accordingly.
- Monitor site surveillance camera system.
- Notifications to appropriate personnel of incidents to initiate response actions.
- Respond to routine and emergency incidents.
- Prepare clear and concise written incident reports
- Availability and flexibility to support operations as required
- Facilitate emergency response to site as required
- Timely reporting of maintenance, facility, and technology issues and alarms
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years Security Officer and/or Military experience
- Valid Driver License
- Must have at the time of hire an applicable state security officer license
- Must meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers
- Considerable knowledge of security officer responsibilities
- Must have basic computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Combat medic or EMT related experience
- Demonstrated ability to de-escalate disputes and/or conflict(s)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Computer based proficiency. Specific proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Impeccable character/integrity
- Position remains subject to periodic background checks, drug testing, and physical fitness testing
- Ability and willingness to patrol on foot or stand in a static position for extended periods
- Willingness to work 12 hour shifts on rotating days
- Willingness to travel in support of SpaceX Security requirements should the need arise
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing a must
- Must have demonstrated a strong propensity for hands-on work and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to stay vigilant during periods of little activity
- Be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Must be eligible for a US Government Security Clearance
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.