Resin Production Manager
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing
- Mechanical Engineering - Plant
Preferred Sands, headquartered in Radnor, Pa., is one of North America’s leading manufacturers and providers of high-quality frac sand and polymeric proppants in the hydraulic fracturing industry. Our strategic plant locations in Arizona, Nebraska and Wisconsin allow us to effectively service exploration and production companies in North America. We are the market’s only commercial manufacturer with an available green technology in resin-coated sand, giving us a competitive edge while we remain committed to the health and safety of our employees and the communities we serve.
It’s innovative solutions like these that are playing a major role in growing and maintaining energy independence for the United States and other countries, which is why our company is strategically positioned to thrive as the market continues to undergo a major transformation.
This position will be located at our Genoa, NE plant.
This position is responsible for the day to day operation of the Resin Plant. This is a full time position reporting to the Resin Plant Manager. The Resin Production Manager will coordinate the work of all shifts to meet production requirements. This position will interface with other departments on site to coordinate scheduling and support for Resin Operations. Also, responsible for day to day compliance with EHS policies and requirements at the site.
- Manage daily operations to meet production requirements.
- Monitor the daily manufacturing process and track key process and product quality data.
- Confer with management and subordinates to resolve personnel problems, complaints or grievances.
- Counsel subordinates about work related issues and assist them to correct job skill deficiencies.
- Observe operators to ensure that they conform to production and safety standards.
- Work with Business and Sand Plant to maintain ongoing production schedule.
- Coordinate operations with the Sand Plant to ensure supply of required sand and load-out of product.
- Manage Resin recipes to ensure production of quality products.
- Manage overall raw material inventory to meet production schedule.
- Track material usage and cost by product.
- Monitor the condition and performance of process equipment and provide feedback to the Plant Manager and Supervisors on equipment issues.
- Work with maintenance department to coordinate timely repairs and proper supply of spare parts.
- Enter and approve work requests as needed for maintenance support and internal maintenance work.
- Direct project / maintenance work with shift supervisors and maintenance department.
- Support the implementation of projects using operations and maintenance personnel.
- Manage training of production personnel on plant processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all EHS policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain procedures for operations and EHS compliance.
- Monitor all recovered materials and waste streams and ensure they are properly labeled and are properly stored.
- Ensure that all work instructions and quality standards are met to maintain the plant’s ISO certifications.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferably in engineering discipline such as chemical engineering or mechanical engineering, or an Associate degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- 5-10 years prior industrial or chemical experience preferred.
- 5-10 years in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and train personnel in operations and safety procedures.
- Strong sense of responsibility; understanding of business implications of decisions.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and must be able to effectively present information to others.
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Proven leadership skill and team building skills, ability to build consensus, rally support around common goals and to motivate groups and individuals.
- Ability to be flexible, work with interruptions and shift priorities as required; willingness to work weekend and nights shifts if needed.
- Strong project management skills, highly organized and capable of effective, efficient multi-tasking and time management.
- Flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment. Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments and/or changes in priorities.
- Maintain safe, neat and orderly work areas in and around the facility.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Production Manager Jobs
- View more Chemical Engineering Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Plant Jobs
- View more Operations Jobs
- View more Preferred Sands Jobs
View More Jobs in Genoa, NE:
- View more jobs in Genoa, Nebraska
- Production Manager jobs in Genoa, Nebraska
- Chemical Engineering jobs in Genoa, Nebraska
- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing jobs in Genoa, Nebraska
- Mechanical Engineering - Plant jobs in Genoa, Nebraska
- Operations jobs in Genoa, Nebraska
- Preferred Sands jobs in Genoa, Nebraska