Outside Sales Representative
Marking Services, Inc.
Due to growth we are realigning our territories and creating a new Outside Sales Representative position within our MidAmerica Region. This position will be responsible for business development in designated states within Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Tennessee, working from a base office in Milwaukee, WI.
The Sales Representative is responsible for soliciting new and repeat business, within the established territory, on behalf of MSI to ensure the achievement of established profit and sales goals. Identifies and may assist in investigating and developing new products, product uses and/or applications.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• Plans and executes sales activities which support company sales objectives and develops new opportunities within established territory for growth. Participates in developing individual sales forecasts and goals.
• Familiarize and demonstrate to customer’s new products (services) and developments, continually emphasizing our value proposition.
• Coordinate and assist the technical staff to determine customers' needs and preparation of samples as needed. Assist as needed in the development of new or special products.
• Prepare and deliver formal presentations to customers on proposed products. Attend and assist with preparations for trade shows.
• Ensures that all commitments and obligations for the client are met and/or exceeded throughout the project/order and provides ongoing support. Partners with customer as a trusted advisor by establishing, maintaining and growing a long term business relationship.
• Gather project information; prepare sales quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, etc., to ensure accurate processing of order. Ensure that all sales proposals are completed and delivered to the customer.
• Serves as a team leader to ensure the Inside Sales team is effectively managing and completing sales activities within established timelines. Provides project details and guidance to inside team for order processing thru delivery.
• Investigate customer complaints regarding non-conforming or unacceptable products and recommend corrective action.
• Keep the company informed on competitive products, promotional matters, sales techniques, pricing, and market changes.
• Prepare and submit periodic reports on activities, sales volume, expenses, etc.
Up to 40% travel is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Marketing or related field of study
• Not less than 5 years progressive experience in business to business sales
• Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
• Must be self-directed; able to manage time and projects independently
• Proficient in MS Office products
MSI is a worldwide leader in mechanical labeling, servicing the identification needs of mechanical contractors. We've been advancing the use of pipe markers, valve tags and equipment signs to enhance overall operations of commercial, industrial, health care, educational and technology facilities for the last 20 years. Working directly with electrical, plumbing, HVAC, fire protection and ammonia refrigeration contractors of all sizes, MSI offers a complete line of mechanical identification to meet every labeling challenge with extremely fast fulfillment, industry best quality, and no minimum order requirements.
Headquartered in Milwaukee Wisconsin USA, the company also has facilities in Houston Texas, Singapore, Canada, Mexico, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Korea and Brazil.