- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing
Pentair is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support multiple assembly and production operations for our Brookfield facility. In this role, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for identifying equipment/resource constraints, trouble shooting PLCs, and identifying ergonomic opportunities and process improvements at the assembly line. The ME will work closely with Product Engineers, Model Shop, Tool Room, Laboratory, Maintenance, EHS and Assembly personnel on projects to ensure timely completion and proper function. Trouble shoot equipment, both test and assembly, with PLC or mechanical knowledge. Will support the plant through cost reductions, ergonomic manufacturing programs, and participation in Kaizen events. Provide production line layout design to support cellular manufacturing and work with Operations to ensure process objectives are met utilizing Managing Daily Improvement (MDI) process guided by Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Cash (SQDCC). Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for process improvements at the assembly line. Own the flow, standard work, and equipment for the assembly lines. Participate in kaizens and quality improvement initiatives.
- Make the assembly process simpler by changing the layout of the line to support poke yoke and single piece flow.
- Support production by designing and providing fixturing and tooling, conducting time studies, ensuring all safety and process supplies are available when needed and troubleshooting quality and process issues.
- Implement lean-manufacturing techniques; 5S, Pull System with Kanban cards and maintain two-bin system in the assembly lines.
- Support the assembly line. Attend to issues in the assembly line and assure that the operation goes on without any hindrance.
- Develop standard operating procedures for assembly lines and be involved in pFMEA / control plans.
- Provide guidance to operators, cell leads and group leads in process improvements and issues with the line.
- Liaison between design engineering, quality and manufacturing on new products and product changes.
- Trouble shoot PLC and circuit board programming stations to maintain production and testing requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in Manufacturing, supporting both assembly/production processes and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in handling multiple projects and utilizing resources to drive bottom line results.
- Hands-on experience with process improvements, scrap reduction initiatives, equipment/tooling design.
- Previous experience with PLCs and automation preferred.
Ideally would include the ability to manage and maintain the following – Allen Bradley Micrologix, Compact Logix, Point IO, Mitsubishi Melsec, and GE Fanuc.
Experience with pressure decay testing and equipment (Cincinnati test systems).
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts preferred.
3D modeling experience required, Solidworks preferred.
Experience and/or exposure to quality methodologies and equipment. Specifically Cognex and Keyence Vision Systems a plus.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Manufacturing Engineer Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing Jobs
- View more Pentair Jobs