- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing
Preferred Sands, headquartered in Radnor, Pa., is one of North America’s leading manufacturers and providers of high-quality frac sand and polymeric proppants in the hydraulic fracturing industry. Our strategic plant locations in Arizona, Nebraska and Wisconsin allow us to effectively service exploration and production companies in North America. We are the market’s only commercial manufacturer with an available green technology in resin-coated sand, giving us a competitive edge while we remain committed to the health and safety of our employees and the communities we serve.
It’s innovative solutions like these that are playing a major role in growing and maintaining energy independence for the United States and other countries, which is why our company is strategically positioned to thrive as the market continues to undergo a major transformation.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for overall management of the maintenance function to process sand. This role is a critical member of the site leadership team and is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the plant and mobile equipment as well as the technical direction of the Maintenance Staff. It is also responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect, assuring the safety, quality and quantity of product produced.
- Administer the preventive and predictive maintenance programs for stationary plant and mobile equipment.
- Assigns duties, directs and evaluates the performance of maintenance and electrical personnel.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the sand-processing stream. The sand-processing stream includes mechanical haulage from the mine face, movement of sand by slurry line to the concentrator, processing of concentrate and returning tailings to the disposal areas.
- Responsible for preventive, predictive and corrective plant and mobile equipment maintenance.
- Oversee special project construction or production addition.
- Responsible for employee compliance with all plant and department operating policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Responsible for coordinating communication and directives with labor force, Company personnel, and management.
- Supervise, coach, train and administer discipline to assigned personnel.
- Direct the operation of the plant facility as established in guidelines set by the company in the areas of safety, quality assurance, reliability and cost.
- Assure the safety of plant personnel through compliance with MSHA regulations.
- Review, approve and prioritize work requests for mechanical repairs and all safety and work permits.
- Assume responsibility for all plant automation/instrumentation functions.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Job Specification (knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job):
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures and machinery functions.
- A strong background in best practice proactive maintenance methods and organizational development for technical personnel.
- Leadership and employee relations ability.
- Able to organize and coordinate maintenance projects.
- Ability to analytically and rationally make decisions.
- Experience maintaining plant and heavy mobile equipment.
- Good understanding of financial management principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Mechanical, electrical, metallurgical, mining, or related degree, preferred.
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) is highly desirable
- Certified Reliability Professional is highly desirable (CRP)
- Vibration analysis certifications are desirable
- Certified Lubrication Specialist (CLS) is desirable
- Five (5) years of maintenance experience and three (3) years of supervisory experience.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Maintenance Manager Jobs
- View more Electrical Engineering Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing Jobs
- View more Operations Jobs
- View more Preferred Sands Jobs