Ground Segment Controls Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Ground Segment Automation Engineer
- Write low-level code to interface with antennas and other pointable/movable assets
- Design new control systems to increase precision of the asset
- Utilize knowledge of control theory and applications, specifically in the realm of robotics and automation
- Model control algorithms to predict how the asset will behave given a set of inputs
- Improve existing control code
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, or computer science
- 2+ years of professional experience in computer programming and/or robotics
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Knowledge of antennas and other positioning systems
- Proficient in C++, Python and MATLAB, (WebDev a plus)
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Experience with robotics, motion control, and automation
- Comfortable with Linux and embedded systems
- Position is subject to pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.