Faculty Position in Biomechanics
Michigan Technological University
- Mechanical Engineering - Biomedical
- Mechanical Engineering - Materials / Fluids / Textiles
- Materials Engineering
The Department of Biomedical Engineering at Michigan Technological University invites applications and nominations for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. Michigan Tech BME seeks an outstanding candidate who can add to our existing research and teaching strengths in biomechanics and biofluid mechanics. Applicants that can teach courses in biomedical thermodynamics/fluid mechanics and integrate into our broad cardiovascular research emphasis are of particular interest. Post-doctoral or industry experience is preferred. We encourage applications from individuals with strong engineering and mathematical skills who can form productive collaborations with other units of the Michigan Tech College of Engineering.
Applicants should have an earned doctorate in an engineering discipline or a closely related field. The successful candidate will be expected to teach core undergraduate courses in biomedical thermodynamics/fluid mechanics and graduate courses related to their own research expertise. In addition, applicants must demonstrate the ability to establish a rigorous, externally funded research program. Preferred candidates will have a specialty in research related to the human cardiovascular system. The Department is particularly strong in biomaterials, tissue engineering, biomechanics, biomedical sensors and instrumentation, and biophotonics. The Michigan Tech Department of Biomedical Engineering offers B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in Biomedical Engineering. For more information, potential applicants are encouraged to visit our website at http://www.mtu.edu/biomedical/.
August of 2017 is the anticipated start date. Salary and benefits are competitive, and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should apply electronically to https://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/5434 and will include a cover letter, full curriculum vitae, statement of research plans/interests, brief statement of teaching interests, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Faculty Position Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Biomedical Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Materials / Fluids / Textiles Jobs
- View more Materials Engineering Jobs
- View more Michigan Technological University Jobs
View More Jobs in Houghton, MI:
- View more jobs in Houghton, Michigan
- Faculty Position jobs in Houghton, Michigan
- Mechanical Engineering - Biomedical jobs in Houghton, Michigan
- Mechanical Engineering - Materials / Fluids / Textiles jobs in Houghton, Michigan
- Materials Engineering jobs in Houghton, Michigan
- Michigan Technological University jobs in Houghton, Michigan