- Electrical Engineering
Pentair is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Continuation Engineering team. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead sustaining engineering and product redesign projects from initiation to completion with strong sense of urgency using standard project management skills
Individual must be natural leader with the ability and drive required to complete projects that meet/exceed project specifications, operations requirements, quality requirements, supply chain requirements, cost targets and delivery timeframes.
Coordinate with the cross functional group to ensure accurate and timely resolution of any issues impacting safety, quality, delivery or supply chain.
Champion timely Engineering product changes, re-designs, and improvements to existing products through assigned PCO’s (Product Change Order).
Lead, manage, and participate in the design, development, and/or maintenance of firmware and/or firmware updates
Write test procedures to provide verification and ensure quality of finished builds
Design, develop Automatic Test Equipment for electronics to support product validation testing
Create, maintain, and update accurate project schedules for priority PCO’s using MS Project
Seamlessly Integrate with all other cross-functions: Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales, finance, Customer Support, Lab and Quality.
Clean sheet detailed design improvements of engineering concepts-hardware and firmware
Coordinate with vendors and/or operations to ensure design meets DFMA (design for manufactures & Assy) requirements
Coordinate with quality ensure all CTQ (critical to quality) design attributes have been properly addressed
Create & Maintain accurate pre-release dwg package, costed BOM & product specification
Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- 8+ years experience as a Project Engineer, Electrical Engineer, or Sustaining Engineer, doing product development and/or sustaining product support in a consumer electronics manufacturing environment
- 5 or more years of relevant experience-microprocessor, digital electronics and firmware design.
- Relevant experience in microcontroller based consumer control/automation products (wired and wireless) a plus
- Project Management, Project Engineering experience with outstanding follow-up a plus
- C Programming language.
- Software experience - Altium (Schematic and PCB)
- Hands-on testing/prototyping of PCBA and wire harnesses in consumer electronics
- Strong problem solving abilities. Results oriented with strong design and troubleshooting skills.
- Good general mechanical knowledge/aptitude
- Experience with MRP systems, BOM structuring, and ECO processes
- Experience - sustaining engineer, consumer electro-mechanical product production with medium complexity.
- Regulatory experience, knowledge-UL, CSA, CE, FCC
- RF design experience in a plus
- Understand/practice Design for Manufacturability & Assembly (DFMA) and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding and use of Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) process.
- SolidWorks experience and knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 / GD & T a plus
- Consumer Product design a plus in the following areas: electrical design (PC Boards, wiring, lights, Motors) and/or HVAC (design/manufacturing), and/or firmware development/troubleshooting, and/or basic automation and controls (wired and wireless).
- Experience with pool equipment – In the industry or as a pool owner preferred.