Met Weld International
- Mechanical Engineering - Quality
The Quality Engineer is responsible for verifying the packaged systems fabricated and assembled by the company comply with customer requirements and other regulatory compliance requirements. This role requires close attention to detail and the ability to interpret customer specifications and certification requirements for hazardous areas. This person is responsible for ensuring all incoming components deemed critical to the function and certification of the product meet their requirements at incoming inspection. The person in this role is also responsible for being the companies interface with third party certification bodies.
- Ensure the compliance of the product by direct inspection and review of certification documents provided by vendor.
- Provide advice and guidance to the project delivery team on all matters of verification and regulatory compliance
- Co-ordinate the implementation of certification assurance processes within the project for regulatory compliance
- Advise Quality Assurance Manager regarding Supplier/Subcontractor Quality Control Plans/Inspection Test plans and procedures on matters dealing with compliance and certification (i.e. ATEX, IECEX, NEC)
- Maintain a database of all instruments, pertinent electrical components, and other hardware used in Metweld’s typical designs that requires ATEX or IECEx certificates and ensure that all are up to date to ensure product compliance with required compliance agencies.
- Be familiar with the requisition requirements and equipment/material specifications.
- Be fully familiar with the verification and inspection release processes and ensure their compliance.
- Ensure all certification requirements are clearly identified, understood and included with the requisition and PO.
- Review Supplier/Subcontractor Fabrication/Certification Dossiers (as appropriate).
- To participate (as necessary) in management visits/audits to Suppliers and Sub-contractors.
- Report promptly to the Quality Assurance Manager all matters related to verification scheme performance and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with client and regulatory requirements.
- Primary contact between 3rd party certifying agencies if their involvement is required on a project and any regulatory agency if the need for their direct involvement every arises
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering 5-10 years minimum
- Proficient at system or component design. Preferably in power generation or similar field
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously as is typical in a job shop environment
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Compliance Engineer Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Quality Jobs
- View more Met Weld International Jobs