SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Responsible for setting up, operating and programming a CNC 5 Axis Gantry machine
- Must be proficient at all types of drilling, tapping and milling
- Must be able to complete machining operations from blueprints, drawings and/or verbal instructions
- Must have experience with complex, tight tolerance parts and various materials
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 5 years of experience in set up, operation and programming of CNC 5 Axis Gantry machines.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent Mastercam experience preferred. (X6, X7, X8, X9, 10)
- Horizontal Mill experience preferred.
- 5 axis programming is a plus.
- Experience running lathe machines is a plus.
- Ability to read and work off of a blueprint.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Able to lift a minimum of 40lbs. unassisted.
- Able to stand for extended periods- 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.