Boiler Engineer/Senior Project Engineer
Rheem Water Heating
- Mechanical Engineering - Heat Transfer
- Mechanical Engineering - Project Management
- Mechanical Engineering - Design
- Mechanical Engineering - Friction / Fuel / Combustion
- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER – HEATING BOILERS
Job Title: Sr. Project Engineer – Heating Boilers
Department: Research & Development
Reports To: Engineering Manager or Product Category Team Leader
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Prepared Date: February 4, 2016
Approved Date: TBD
This role entails the coordination of design, development, test and delivery of projects encompassing heating boilers and their related products. The position directs all phases of the projects, including the planning, scheduling, budgeting and assignment of personnel. Maintain developmental capabilities relevant to heating boiler advancement and engage in cross-divisional collaboration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (To perform within this position successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
Lead the design and development effort for major projects utilizing company product development process. This may involve coordinating the efforts of other engineers assigned to that particular project in addition to support personnel.
Coordinate major phases of the product development process with affected groups such as R&D, Product Management, Sales, Manufacturing Engineering, Accounting, Purchasing, and Shipping as well as outside vendors to ensure projects are completed on schedule and meeting objectives established by the project team.
Supervise employees assigned to the project with responsibility to meet product and project requirements. Define objectives, prepare specifications, plans and schedules and assign responsibilities to subordinates.
Establish and maintain electronic project schedules, determine the progress of assigned projects throughout the design and development phases.
Determine personnel requirements for individual projects considering such factors as work to be accomplished, skill of available personnel, present work load and contractual limitations.
Provide technical assistance to Product Management, Customer Service, and Manufacturing as required.
Interpret instructions and company policies to subordinates. Maintenance of discipline and employee-management relations, and quality control of work performed by subordinates.
Analyze and or perform research and testing on potential designs as they relate to numerous requirements including agency, manufacturability, fit, cost, strength and schedule.
Manage the preparation of contractual correspondence and reports, including records of drawings, released material list, quality issue reports, changes in service and performance data and delivery information.
Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the project.
Investigate and troubleshoot serious product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes.
Approve Engineering Changes.
Investigate pertinent factors such as interchangeability, service requirements, efficiency requirements and agency requirements.
Evaluate products for ease of manufacturability, cost and performance.
Apply physical, chemical and mathematical concepts to solve design problems, and the creation of new designs.
Manage projects of large and small scale, to ensure projects are executed within time, cost and budget constraints.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required and preferred for this position.)
B.S. in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
8-10 years of related experience in project management within a product research and development environment, or a graduate degree with 5- 8 years of related experience in project management in a product research and development environment.
Experience in design, development and manufacture of high efficiency heating boilers including firetube, water tube and/or cast metal constructions. Possess knowledge of hydronic heating and other application related practices in heating boilers.
Working knowledge of applicable UL, ANSI, CSA, CSD-1, and ASME Boiler and Pressure standards, and applicable performance and installation standards.
Demonstrate strong team/group management skills
Effectiveness in evaluating products for manufacturability, cost and performance
Experience with investigating, troubleshooting, documenting, and performing corrective actions in product designs
Strong intra/inter company and external coordination skills
Experience working with outside suppliers
Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
Effective communication/presentation skills to varied audiences including senior management
Strong reasoning and analytical skills
Must be capable of working in a Laboratory Test Facility environment.
Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes
Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
Experience in cross-functional project management education or training
Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Experience and working knowledge of Pro-Engineer solid modeling software and computer modeling (CFD and FEA).
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Engineering Specialist Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Heat Transfer Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Project Management Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Design Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Friction / Fuel / Combustion Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing Jobs
- View more Rheem Water Heating Jobs
View More Jobs in Montgomery, AL:
- View more jobs in Montgomery, Alabama
- Engineering Specialist jobs in Montgomery, Alabama
- Mechanical Engineering - Heat Transfer jobs in Montgomery, Alabama
- Mechanical Engineering - Project Management jobs in Montgomery, Alabama
- Mechanical Engineering - Design jobs in Montgomery, Alabama
- Mechanical Engineering - Friction / Fuel / Combustion jobs in Montgomery, Alabama
- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing jobs in Montgomery, Alabama
- Rheem Water Heating jobs in Montgomery, Alabama
View More Jobs in AL:
- View more jobs in Alabama
- Engineering Specialist jobs in Alabama
- Mechanical Engineering - Heat Transfer jobs in Alabama
- Mechanical Engineering - Project Management jobs in Alabama
- Mechanical Engineering - Design jobs in Alabama
- Mechanical Engineering - Friction / Fuel / Combustion jobs in Alabama
- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing jobs in Alabama
- Rheem Water Heating jobs in Alabama