Automotive Compliance Manager
harbor freight tools inc
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering - Automotive
- Mechanical Engineering - Codes, Standards and Certifications
- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing
- Mechanical Engineering - Safety
The Automotive Compliance Manager will report to the Director of Global Compliance and partner with other departments to ensure that Harbor Freight Tools products meet or exceed relevant regulations and standards, with a specific focus on automotive items and engine-powered items. The role identifies industry best practices and works closely with key stakeholders in Global Sourcing, Imports and Trade Compliance, Legal, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Store Operations and Product Category Management to develop and execute process control and implementation plans. The Automotive Compliance Manager will actively seek continuous improvement opportunities to de-risk the organization.
At Harbor Freight, we deliver the quality tools and affordable prices that hard-working Americans need to build, fix and create. We all work together to help them get the job done and make ends meet. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to the communities that we serve.
Harbor Freight Tools is different, we’re not your typical retailer, we are a large company with a start-up feel that provides a collegial and collaborative environment dedicated to high achievement. We are committed to support and promote people based on their relative contribution, skill set and accomplishments and firmly believe in generous pay for performance compensation and building long-term careers.
We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company - on pace to $8 billion in the next few years. We have over 750 stores nationwide and are opening a new one every three days. If your ego is in check, you are an open-minded partner, aren't afraid to get into the weeds to learn and understand our culture and have a desire to join our history making enterprise, then we'd love to talk to you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all products comply with federal, state, local regulations and Harbor Freight Tools policies and procedures. Focus includes but is not limited to DOT / NHTSA and EPA / CARB regulations. Knowledge of relevant FMVSS and SAE standards will be critical.
- Identify, prioritize and manage critical product compliance and safety initiatives to minimize risks and ensure consistent adherence to regulations.
- Prevent and resolve product compliance or safety-related issues as they arise by deploying creative design, engineering and process management skills.
- Define and assess the ongoing compliance programs, manage product compliance monitoring, and oversee compliance control processes.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to ensure adequate flow of information amongst departments and vendor partners. Ensure understanding and implementation of new policies and procedures across all impacted teams.
- Help develop compliance training programs and deliver specialized training as appropriate.
- Ensure accuracy of labeling and certification.
- Ensure a safe work environment for employees, customers and service providers by implementation of assigned compliance programs; make changes as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Organizational Scope: Works with various departments and outside parties
- Responsible for maintaining Confidential Information: Yes
- Travel: 0%-10% including overseas
- Equipment Used: computer, printer, copier
- Location: HQ Corporate Office
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Experience: 5-10 years
- Bachelors' Degree, preferably with an engineering / technical major or related field.
- Experience with FMEA, PPAP / APQP or TS16949 preferred.
- Ability to translate complex regulatory information into compelling stakeholder-friendly language, including the importance of regulatory compliance. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Will have or attain strong knowledge of laws, regulations, industry best practices, and current trends in the field.
- Ability to identify compliance risks and competently advise on applicable regulatory matters.
- Experience as a strategic thinker and the ability to develop effective plans – a plus if in a technical field.
- Results-oriented. Ability to design and carry out strategic and operational plans.
- Dedicated to the success of the company and willing to commit to necessary hours. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the company’s continued successful growth.
- Excellent time management and planning skills, organized with the ability to multitask, exceptional follow-up skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 3 years of regulatory compliance experience in an automotive or consumer goods industry. Relevant experience could be with major retailer or nationally recognized testing laboratory. Should have experience assessing risk and advising management in resolution of regulatory compliance issues.
- Quality Control experience is a strong plus.
- MS Office Suite
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Compliance Coordinator Jobs
- View more Materials Engineering Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Automotive Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Codes, Standards and Certifications Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Safety Jobs
- View more harbor freight tools inc Jobs
View More Jobs in Calabasas, CA:
- View more jobs in Calabasas, California
- Compliance Coordinator jobs in Calabasas, California
- Materials Engineering jobs in Calabasas, California
- Mechanical Engineering - Automotive jobs in Calabasas, California
- Mechanical Engineering - Codes, Standards and Certifications jobs in Calabasas, California
- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing jobs in Calabasas, California
- Mechanical Engineering - Safety jobs in Calabasas, California
- harbor freight tools inc jobs in Calabasas, California
View More Jobs in CA:
- View more jobs in California
- Compliance Coordinator jobs in California
- Materials Engineering jobs in California
- Mechanical Engineering - Automotive jobs in California
- Mechanical Engineering - Codes, Standards and Certifications jobs in California
- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing jobs in California
- Mechanical Engineering - Safety jobs in California
- harbor freight tools inc jobs in California