Application Engineer (BSME)
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing
This position provides technical assistance to internal and external personnel including distribution, OEM’s, engineering firms, contractors and end users relative to the application and engineering of Ashland, Ohio products: Myers and Hydromatic engineered products for the commercial and municipal markets. This position will perform/support specification review and interpretation, hydraulic requirements, system design and evaluation, engineering calculations, materials of construction, special requirements, pricing and replacement and interchangeability. Advancement opportunities for the right candidate include areas of sales, product management, customer service, engineering and/or manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical information, calculations and pump selection related to project specifications.
Determine special requirements for order processing.
Investigate and resolve reported field problems after shipment.
Provide technical information in response to field inquiries.
Propose and coordinate design improvements to resolve repeated problems.
Design and engineer custom quotations to meet customer specifications and requirements.
Assist manufacturing to resolve problems that arise out of assembly or testing of pumps.
Recommend conceptual design for special orders to meet customer requirements.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of manufacturing industry experience.
- General knowledge of electrical controls, drives and other accessories related to fluid handling a plus.
- General knowledge of manufacturing design, application, testing and other related areas.
- Additional knowledge in the area of metallurgy, chemistry, structural design, casting, vibration and electricity are valuable.
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong mathematical and mechanical skills.
- Strong analytical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate professionally with individuals both within and outside the organization.
- Organizational skills required to respond to and meet multiple deadlines.
- Lean and Six Sigma knowledge beneficial.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Application Engineer Jobs
- View more Electrical Engineering Jobs
- View more Mechanical Engineering - Manufacturing Jobs
- View more Pentair Jobs